5 Great Ways to Celebrate Valentine's Day in Louisville
Posted by Scott Boehnlein on Thursday, February 13, 2014 at 10:36 AM By Scott Boehnlein / February 13, 2014 Comment
Five Great Ways to Celebrate Valentine's Day in Louisville
- Enjoy a romantic dinner. A candlelight dinner at home or a romantic restaurant are both great dinner options. If you choose a romantic dinner at home, ingredients from local The Root Cellar or a local Farmer's market is a great way to go. As far as restaurants, Hillbilly Tea, Mayan Cafe, Seviche, Asiatique, Corbett's, Proof on Main or Rivue are all great options. Also, at Impellizzeri's you can get a heart-shaped pizza which is great for celebrating with your family!
- Give the gift of chocolate and sweets! Many local places for great candy and sweets include: Cellar Door Chocolates, Dundee Candy Shop, Muth's Candies and Schimpff's Confectionery. These places do not only have delicious sweets but are a great place to visit as well.
- Go see a performing arts show. The Va Va Vixens have an annual Valentine's Day show at Headliners Music Hall. You can see Romeo and Juliette at the Brown Theatre, and The Bard's Town and The Derby Dinner Playhous are other great options for shows
- Experience the Bourbon Trail. Take a day trip to experience the Kentucky Bourbon Trail distilleries outside of Louisville, or stay close to home and try out the city version of this outing. Either way, remember to drink responsibly!
- Take a cruise! Take a dinner cruise on the Spirt of Jefferson. They offer a traditional dinner buffet or a Valentine dance and hors d'oeuvers. Either way, there will be a DJ, food, two enclosed decks and plenty of fun facts about Louisville, Indiana and the mighty Ohio River.
Scott Boehnlein is the Broker/Owner of Family Realty, one of the top 15 real estate companies in Louisville KY! Visit our site for continual Louisville events and information and to find out everything you need to know about Louisville Homes.