Louisville Kentucky Home - What Exactly Is A Single Family Home?
By Family Realty, LLC
So you’re planning on buying your first Louisville Kentucky Home and are considering purchasing a single family home.
Although single family homes and townhomes are both referred to as homes, the reality is that a true single family home is a property that is detached from other homes, doesn’t share any space or common areas, and many times a single family home will sit on more land.
Single Family Home Advantages
When you purchase a single family home you will enjoy several advantages including the following:
- More space inside the home.
- Privacy – You won’t have to share your walls with neighbors.
- More lot space – Your family will enjoy a larger front and back yard than you would if you purchase a condo or townhome.
- Extra parking space – As the owner of a single family home you will have more space for parking your vehicles, boat, RV or other recreational vehicles.
How To Get Started With Buying A Single Family Home
To get started with buying a Louisville Kentucky Home do the following:
- Define the home you want – Talk with your spouse or partner and define the exact home you’re searching for including: bedrooms, bathrooms, square footage, location and school district.
- Check your credit score – Pull your 3-in-1 credit score to verify it’s accuracy and remove any negative items from any of your three credit reports.
- Get pre-approved for a mortgage loan – Contact your local mortgage broker or lender to get pre-approved for a mortgage loan.
- Hire a qualified Louisville Realtor – Interview at least 3 Realtor’s in Louisville so you can hire someone who is experienced buying local Real Estate.
- Start searching for homes in Louisville – Besides searching for homes in Louisville you should also be ready to act fast when your agent alerts you that new listings have become available because they could go quickly
Buy a Louisville Kentucky Home
Start your search for a Louisville Kentucky Home by calling Family Realty, LLC at (502) 458-4100 or CLICK HERE to email us through our website.