New Home for Sale in Louisville: 1910 Bonnycastle Ave.
Classis Highlands home in PRIME location with 2-CAR GARAGE! Enjoy warm summer nights from the charming front porch on this darling home located within an easy walking distance of the restaurants and shops of Bardstown Road/Cherokee Park. This home features all the character of a vintage home, het has a newer roof, siding, and the majority of the windows have been replaced. Dual a/c units keep the house comfortable on both levels during the upcoming warm weather. An entry foyer, comfortable living room, and grand formal dining room are featured on the first floor, along with a cheerful kitchen and charming sun porch overlooking a privately fenced backyared. The 2nd floor features three bedrooms and an updated large bathroom. An easy walk to a Farmer's Market on Saturday mornings!
To schedule a showing of this house or for more information, please contact Scott or any other team member at Family Realty at 502-458-4100 or visit us at www.ViewLouisvilleHomes.com today!
Mardi Gras 2014 Events in Louisville
Plenty of options are available in Louisville to celebrate Mardi Gras with friends and family!
From February 28-March 1, 2014 at 5pm & 7pm, the Phoenix Hill Tavern will be hosting a Mardi Gras pary. At this venue, there will be live music, a Queen of the Mardi Gras contest, a Best Beads in the Ville contest, Decadent costume, a bead toss and girls night out on Friday night.!
Joe's Ok Bayou will also be hosting a multiple day Mardi Gras Party starting on February 28 and ending on March 4. Celebrate their 20th anniversary with specials on Hurricanes and Abita Beer, King Cakes and plenty of beads. There will also be entertainment each night!
The Fourth Street Live Mardi Gras Party, Louisville's largest Mardi Gras bash, is on March 1 at 7pm. Celebrate there with live music, Person with the Most Beads contest, King Cake eating contest and a chance to win tickets to the Miley Cyrus Bangerz Tour!
And for more family-friendly Mardi Gras fun, visit the Rauch Planetarium on March 2 from 1:30-5pm. Kids can make masks, UV bead necklaces and shakers. Perfect Little Planet will show hourly beginning at 1:30pm, University of Louisville School of Music's Steel Drum Band and Louisville Family Fun will be in attendance offering great dance music and great give-aways.
About the Author: Scott Boehnlein, Broker and Owner of Family Realty, is a leading real estate agent in Louisville! Contact him for all your home buying and selling needs.
Great Spring Events/Festivals in Louisville
Feb. 26-Apr. 6, 2014: 38th Humana Festival of New American Plays
Feb. 28, 2014: University of Louisville Raise RED Dance
Mar. 8-9, 2014: Louisville Kids Fair
Mar. 8, 10am-3pm: KidsFest
Mar. 15, 2014: St. Patrick's Day Parade
Mar. 22, 2014: Best Buddies Friendship Walk
Mar. 31-Apr. 5, 2014: Gonzofest Louisville
Apr. 11-May 1, 2014: Kentucky Derby Festival Events
Apr. 11-13, 2014: Bardstown Colonial Days
Apr. 26, 2014: Louisville Health Kick Festival
Apr. 26, 2014: Mighty Kindness Earth Day Hoot
Apr. 26-27, 2014: Cherokee Triangle Art Fair
May 6-31, 2014: Hometown Tourist Celebration
May 16 & 17, 2014: Old Louisville SpringFest
May 17, 2014: St. Matthews Street Festival
May 17, 2014: 10th Annual Forest Fest- Bluegrass Music Festival
May 18, 2014: Buy Local First Fair
May 17 & 18, 2014: Bike MS: Bluegrass, Bikes, and Bourbon
May 22-26, 2014: Abbey Road on the River
May 23-26, 2014: Kentucky Reggae Festival
Along with these many great options for fun this Spring, Spring is also the best time of year to sell your house! Contact Scott Boehnlein or any other team member at Family Realty to get your house listed today!
Spring is the Best Time of Year to List Your House
Here are 15 things you can do in the spring to prepare your home to sell, improve the curb appeal and better the chances it will sell quickly!
- Wash windows inside and out and polish all mirrors.
- Rake the yard and trim back the bushes.
- Mow the lawn diagonally and edge along the driveway and sidewalks.
- Plant tulips and daffodils (yellow flowers induce feelings of happiness and stimulate buying urges) buy them in containers.
- Clean drapes, curtains and blinds and open every window.
- Set out fresh-smelling flowers.
- Polish floors to a high gloss.
- Layout and hang light/pastel colored towels.
- Put down an outside mat for cleaning shoes and put an umbrella stand at the entrance.
- Put out a nice bucket (or use the sink) filled with ice and water bottles for your guests.
- Display brightly colored helium balloons
- Set out individually wrapped treats tied with ribbon.
- Use a color photo for display advertising.
- Set out color flyers and financing options.
- Mail four-color postcards with UV coating.
Family Realty is ready for Spring! Call Scott or any team member at Family Realty to find out how much your home is worth and to get your house listed today!
Five Great Ways to Celebrate Valentine's Day in Louisville
- Enjoy a romantic dinner. A candlelight dinner at home or a romantic restaurant are both great dinner options. If you choose a romantic dinner at home, ingredients from local The Root Cellar or a local Farmer's market is a great way to go. As far as restaurants, Hillbilly Tea, Mayan Cafe, Seviche, Asiatique, Corbett's, Proof on Main or Rivue are all great options. Also, at Impellizzeri's you can get a heart-shaped pizza which is great for celebrating with your family!
- Give the gift of chocolate and sweets! Many local places for great candy and sweets include: Cellar Door Chocolates, Dundee Candy Shop, Muth's Candies and Schimpff's Confectionery. These places do not only have delicious sweets but are a great place to visit as well.
- Go see a performing arts show. The Va Va Vixens have an annual Valentine's Day show at Headliners Music Hall. You can see Romeo and Juliette at the Brown Theatre, and The Bard's Town and The Derby Dinner Playhous are other great options for shows
- Experience the Bourbon Trail. Take a day trip to experience the Kentucky Bourbon Trail distilleries outside of Louisville, or stay close to home and try out the city version of this outing. Either way, remember to drink responsibly!
- Take a cruise! Take a dinner cruise on the Spirt of Jefferson. They offer a traditional dinner buffet or a Valentine dance and hors d'oeuvers. Either way, there will be a DJ, food, two enclosed decks and plenty of fun facts about Louisville, Indiana and the mighty Ohio River.
Scott Boehnlein is the Broker/Owner of Family Realty, one of the top 15 real estate companies in Louisville KY! Visit our site for continual Louisville events and information and to find out everything you need to know about Louisville Homes.
Valentine Marshmallow Pops
Valentine Marshmallow Pops are so adorable! They are very easy to make and a fun project to do with the kids. After only 20 minutes, you end up with these yummy and cute treats. You can find these and many other Valentine's treats on www.pinterest.com. To make them, you will need marshmallows, white chocolate, sprinkles (and/or crushed graham cracker, coconut, etc.), popsicle sticks (or paper straws, pretzel sticks) and food coloring. For the directions, you can visit www.mommygaga.com.
For other fun holiday treats and ideas, and to find out everything you need to know about Louisville homes for sale, please visit the website of Scott Boehnlein and his Family Realty Team
2014 Sochi Winter Olympics
On day 3 of the Sochi Winter Olympics, Alex Bilodeau'S gold medal in men's ski moguls and Charles Hamelin's win on the speedskating oval highlighted a big day for Canada Canada is now in the lead with 9 total medals including 4 gold. The Netherlands and Norway both have 7 total medals with the Netheralands having a slight lead with 3 gold medals to Norway's 2. The United States is currently in 4th with 6 total medals which include 2 gold thanks to the snowboard slopestyle winners Sage Kotsenburg and Jamie Anderson. However, with Day 4 bringing many new podium opportunities, the medal race is sure to change! Find out more about the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics by going to the Sochi 2014 official website.
And for the most current information regarding Louisville homes for sale, refer to Chris Boehnlein and his Family Realty team!