Should You Remodel Your Kitchen Before Listing Your Louisville Home For Sale?
So you’re planning on remodeling the kitchen before listing your Louisville Home for Sale.
A kitchen remodel is an awesome investment to make since in 2015 we spend the most time in our kitchens, and buyers are looking for kitchens which serve many functions including: operating as a conversation area, study location, or gathering spaces.
In this post I will share with you what you can expect for your money when you remodel the kitchen in your Louisville Home.
$5,000 to $7,000 Budget
When you spend $5,000 to $7,000 dollars you will be able to make “some” minor cosmetic improvements to your kitchen like:
- Granite counter tops ($50 to $100 per square foot)
- Farm house kitchen sink ($465.02 Home Depot)
- New wood flooring ($1.00 per square foot)
- New kitchen lighting ($500 to $1,000).
DIY Kitchen Remodel Tips
Yes, you could spend $30,000 and get a total kitchen renovation but if you are on a budget you can do a lot more for your kitchen if you are willing to do some work yourself including:
- Add a backsplash behind your oven.
- Refinish or repaint your cabinets.
- Add new knobs or handles to cabinet doors and drawers.
- Paint one or more walls in your kitchen a bright color like: lime green or orange since this will also add color to your kitchen.
Don’t Choose Miss-Matched Appliances!
When doing most of the renovations to your kitchen you make you purchase the same style of appliances.
Example: All stainless steel, all white, or all black appliances because, although you can find discounted appliances almost anywhere, buyers respond more favorably to a kitchen with matching appliances.
This will also help you to sell your home at your chosen price without having to discount it because the buyer sees your kitchen and thinks: remodel.
Sell Your Louisville Home
To get started with selling your Louisville Home contact Family Realty, LLC today by CLICKING HERE or calling us at (502) 458-4100.