Sledding Spots Louisville
It’s snowing in Louisville! Not sure if you noticed? As I type this blog I am watching fresh snow fall from the sky and cover Louisville in an ever deepening carpet of snow. The icy sky cotton has coated neighborhoods in real estate Louisville transforming them into winter wonderlands.
With the magical snow fall coinciding with Martin Luther King Jr. Day many families in Louisville are taking advantage of the day off school and celebrating by snow sledding. If you are wondering where you want to sled with your friends and family we did research for you. Louisvilleky.gov has announced six sites for public sledding*:
1. Cherokee Park (Baringer Hill, intersection of Alexander Rd and Scenic Loop)
2. George Rogers Clark Park (1024 Thruston Ave, behind playground, near McKinley Ave)
George Rogers Clark Park is in the Audubon neighborhood and is bordered by Poplar Level Rd to the east.
3. Joe Creason Park (1297 Trevilian Way, behind Metro Parks administration building)
This park is right next door the Audubon and Camp Taylor neighborhoods in the Poplar Level neighborhood which is also home to Louisville Zoo.
4. McNeely Lake Park (6900 Cooper Chapel Road, near Korean War Memorial)
5. Tyler Park (1501 Castlewood Ave, on Tyler Park Dr side of park)
6. Charlie Vettiner Park (5550 Charlie Vettiner Park Rd, near Easum Rd entrance)
This park is situated on the south of Jeffersontown one of the more popular neighborhoods around Louisville.
I hope you have fun out in the snow today. Please make sure to be safe while your sledding, dress appropriately with layers, and be sure to have fun! If we see you out sledding the slopes please say hi. If not be sure to give Scott Boehnlein of Family Realty a call if you think we can be of assistance to you.
*Please only sled these hills when the “Open” sign has been posted!